Cell based assays and cell based screening are of key importance at a number of stages in the drug discovery process. Charnwood Discovery’s cell based assay service uses a combination of knowledge, skills and investment in technologies to secure the best outcome for your project.
Cell Based Assay Services
Being able to examine the interaction between your target and compounds in a cellular context is of great advantage in:
- Mechanism of action studies
- Identifying the potential for cytotoxicity
- Defining the agonist or antagonist properties of your compounds
- Distinguishing compounds that can cross the membrane of cells for intercellular target interactions
At Charnwood Discovery we have extensive cell based assay service experience having developed and screened compounds using cell based assays for over 15 years.
Our knowledge and skills in cell culture and manipulation, combined with our expertise in developing cell based screening allow us to work rapidly and efficiently on the prosecution of your target in appropriate assays.
In addition, our core technology platform enables us to measure readouts such as fluorescence, luminescence and chemi-luminescence.
Example Cell Based Assays
Example cell based assays include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Cytotoxicity measured using e.g. Resazurin, CellTiter-Glo, XTT
- Second messenger and signal transduction assays e.g cAMP accumulation, IP-one, b-arrestin activation
- Reporter gene assays
- Cytokine release assays e.g. AlphaLisa
Download our eBook on effective cell based assay development. It aims to provide you with a comprehensive guide to the key considerations involved in assay design and development, which can help to ensure the success of your research program.