Cell-based assays and cell-based screening are of key importance at a number of stages in the drug discovery process.
Being able to examine the interaction between your target and compounds in a cellular context is of great advantage in:
- Mechanism of action studies
- Identifying the potential for cytotoxicity
- Defining the agonist or antagonist properties of your compounds
- Distinguish compounds that can cross the membrane of cells for intercellular target interactions
We have developed and screened compounds using cell-based assays for over 15 years
Our knowledge and skills in cell culture and manipulation, combined with our expertise in developing cell-based assays allow us to work rapidly and efficiently on the prosecution of your target in appropriate assays. Our core technology platform enables us to measure readouts such as fluorescence, luminescence and chemi-luminescence.
Example assays include but are not limited to:
- Cytotoxicity measured using e.g. Resazurin, CellTiter-Glo®, XTT
- Second messenger and signal transduction assays e.g. cAMP accumulation, IP-one, b-arrestin activation
- Reporter gene assays
- Cytokine release assays e.g. AlphaLisa